Daihatsu L5 Turbo

It wasnt big deal anymore if you change your engine within the legal limit. Yes, I am referring to 30% more to top up on your current vehicle's CC.
If you considered to down grade your vehicle's CC that will be a very welcome by our JPJ.

I received a message on Friday saying that " where to fix turbo". Yup it was my beloved boss that SMSed me. As predicted, it wasnt his Subaru STI but was his L5. I am always in love with his Baby L5 as it was so small yet it can slit your throat anytime. But if you were to compare with L2 definitely. L2 will be the on the top list.
Asked him what was the problem and he replied " turbo doesnt work and I have to drive it like NA car". Ok we got the point and we worried his Turbo busted and it gonna cost a bomb.

Drove to our friend's house to check what was the issue and smartly enough the Turbo Filter got stuck.After removing the filter and yes we heard the sound of .....Chiwwwwwwww! Turbo is alive.Its Back! 

Then told my darlink driver that " Can I borrow Your car?" I knew the answer was a YES. Couldnt bother of him answering and I drove off his car. Hmm.. I would to said, he needs more service on his turbo as it was still shaking when I hit 1.0 bar. But bear in mind, it was a small car with enough power plus a turbo. Cutting into any lanes on city area is so wonderful.

Fuel Consumption ; Good
Maintenance        ;  Required as its a turbo Engine.
Parking                ; Good
Power                 ; Good


The Monster


The Monster's Heart Underneath










































What Is L5?
The L500 was Daihatsu's first kei class vehicle to feature a four-cylinder engine, with the option of the new JB series engine. When equipped with this engine, the model code became L502. The range of models available in the 200 platform more or less carried over to the 500 series. One change was that the export versions received fuel injection as standard, which brought the output of the 847 cc engine up by one, to 42 PS (31 kW). This engine was called the ED-20. The four-speed manual was no longer available, but a four-speed automatic joined the existing three-speed version in the domestic Japanese market.


Comments

Popular Posts