RacepoD - Malaysia's National Drift Series

I know! Today is 12th October 2013, it’s the Malaysia’s National Drift Series Event held in Malacca. I am very pissed that I unable to attend due to my working schedule. But, I am glad that I attended 2 Years back. Two years back, it was conducted in Kuala Lumpur, the city itself. Two years later, it held in Malacca, 2 hours away from the city center. I believe they choose a good location, it’s not extremely too far away from our neighbor country Singapore.

This event is all about Drift Drift Drift and Drift!

The older generation often ask, Drift? What is that? Drifting is a driving technique where the driver intentionally or unintentionally over steers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels or all tires, while maintaining control from entry to exit of a corner. When a car is drifting ,the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle, to such an extent that often the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice verse).

As a motorsport discipline, professional drifting competitions are held worldwide and are judged according to the speed, angle, showmanship and line taken through a corner or set of corners.

I personally attended the event was held two years ago. I believe everyone has good eyesight during day time. But, the one I experienced was Night Drift. Some says, Night Drifting might be dangerous because of the bad eyesight and all. I dont think so,Night Drifting brings excitement and extreme blood rush to the driver.


I am not really a drift person because I often have financial issue. If one is into drifting, always remember to check your tires, your brake, and your transmission. It kills your tires faster than any normal stuns. I remembered on how much my lil Hero spend on his sets of tires. Semi Slicks Tires are not cheap compare to regular driving tires.

* pictures are taken 2 years back

Add caption



My Pride, My Glory, My Lil Hero Brother





My Lil Hero- Handsome isnt He?






Comments

Popular Posts