Touge

I have a lot of random people of who often asked me what my favourite type of race is. Most of them who often assume that Drift or Drag. Which is so common down in Malaysia. Or rather, people would only know drift because of the Tokyo Drift. For me those 2 are not really my cup of tea, mainly because almost everyone can drift if you have the balls. Whereas for Drag, if you intend to kills your tyres and brake faster. So, these two form of race no longer brings me excitement or challenging anymore.

I found fun and excitement in TOUGE!

When I replied random people what touge is they are like What the Heck you talking about? Touge is a Japanese word which mean “pass”. It refer only to Mountain Pass, narrow or winding roads that can be found.

I started off with Hulu Yam via to Genting during 2008 via my baby K, that road was scary to me. It was my first time. I didn’t know what to do, all I did was follow the road all the way up. My brother overtake me like a highspeed cutter. After a while, I mastered the road of Hulu Yam. I find it bored.

As you can see, the road is actually not that curvy!


I move to Sempah route. The first time I was speeding in this route, my car almost spinned. I couldn’t grab the road as I wanted. I finally notice, each road has it different way of speeding.

This is Sempah route, You can actually see the fun part of those curvy and hair pins corners.


I personally prefer the term Sudden Death in Touge. The cars start almost bumper to bumper (one in front of the other). The lead car wins if the space between the cars increases considerably, while the following car wins if it decreases the gap between the lead cars. If any car spins out or crashes, the other car wins the race. In the event of the following car keeping pace, the race is usually rerun with the positions swapped.

This style of battle is often chosen when the road isn't wide enough to allow passing, but if the car in front does indeed somehow get passed, the overtaken car loses if he does not re-pass.



For those who not use to taking such crazy road, you always have the normal, safe alternative way up to Genting. Which is Karak Highway. 

As you can see, its a very boring straight highway!



The video taken below is Touge uphill via Sempah Route. Enjoy! Yeap, its my beloved brother who is driving the Honda EG! 

Comments

Popular Posts