Growing up with TYPE -R

When I was so much younger, I remembered my dad bought my elder brother his’s second car which is DC2- Commonly known as Honda Integra Type-R. I was mesmerized with the design and of course the engine.

Back then, usage of internet was limited. There are a lot of questions pounding in my head and kept on asking myself why it’s the sound so different, why the TYPE-R is so important to DC-2. Why and Why and Why. My brother threw me a magazine which I don’t even understand a single word. It was Option Japan. I picked up bits by bits and trying my very best to understand. Well, no luck back then.

Nevertheless, hope always by my side, I bought home some VCD about cars or rather much more on performance with subtitles. Yes it was BEST MOTORING. Everything you wanted to know about performance cars is right there.

Finally, all my questions had been answer with a single VCD. I was so happy; I started to imagine how much work needed to make this DC2 to the next level which is underground monster.

Picture extracted from Google.

Picture extracted from Google.




What Is Type-R, why only Honda produces Type –R?


Honda Type R models are special performance editions of their respective model families.

The design of Type R models was originally focused on race conditions, with an emphasis on minimizing weight, and maximizing performance potential (e.g. engine tuning, suspension set-up).

Thus, Type R models were first conceived for racetracks. Type R vehicles traditionally have a red Honda badge and Championship White paint as an option, as a tribute to their first winning F1 car. Honda's racing and F1 cars often feature a red Honda badge.



Personally, I felt so wasted that technologies aren’t at the top during the time where we had this beau DC2 at home.  WFS 633. deeply missed you as I did not snap any picture of you. But you always remind in my mind where you used to pick me up after school and Johannians went wild over you.

  

Comments

Popular Posts