Life As An Analyst in Automotive Industry


What does a business analyst ( Automotive ) actually do? 

What does a day in the life look like?

My daily "job duties" can vary greatly, depending on the nature of my company. However, there are some activities that the business analyst will commonly do in the course of every project. They include: investigating goals and issues, analyzing information, communicating with a wide variety of people, documenting findings, and evaluating solutions. For a given project, the business analyst will usually try to define and oversee a series of carefully structured tasks aimed at achieving the general goals of analysis, synthesis, planning, and evaluation. Of course, these tasks are bound to require a flexible approach matching the circumstances.

As I am handling 2 Companies at One time! This is tough! 


How I Spend my day as an Automotive business analyst:

Investigating: Business analysts spend a good deal of time asking questions. In order to expand my knowledge, they might conduct interviews, read, and observe the operations of a functional business area that I been assigned to. I will need to do research and look for solutions options, both within and outside the organization.

Analyzing: Business analysts spend a great deal of time analyzing the information they acquire—studying it for patterns and trends; continually reviewing it to ensure that it is current, thorough, and accurate; and probing deeply for the sources of a problem and potential solutions. Many problems suggest multiple solutions, so I may have to spend lots of time analyzing and comparing solutions and weighing them against the actual needs.

Communicating: Business analysts spend many hours actively communicating. More than simply talking, this means listening to verbal and non-verbal messages, establishing open dialogue, confirming that they've understood what I've heard, and communicating what I had learn to those who'll build the actual solution.

Documenting: I spend a fair amount of time documenting what they learn and observe, and the results of their analyses. As a business analysts, I must reflect on the best ways to document specific types of information, whether as text or visual form (charts, graphs, illustrations, blab la blab la blaaaaa.


Evaluating: A business analyst must also spend time identifying options for solving specific problems, then help select the best one, and then evaluate the chosen solution through its design and construction to ensure that it continues to meet the business needs and that the team chooses the best process for putting it in place.



Overall, You must your industry in order for you to love your job. Or else, Pointless!

Arriving at my office at 7am - Just to check on the daily news.

Never Ending Meeting/Communicating with Different Divisions

Disturbing my Colleagues is part of my job- To : De-Stress 

Evaluation on Products

Subsidiary Company - AllFix Online Store

My Beloved - Automotive Divisoin

Comments

Popular Posts