MMER 2014

Touring car is an auto racing competition with heavily modified road-going cars. It is popular down in Malaysia as well. It was a hit for automotive enthusiastic.

Although it is not as fast as Formula One, the similarity of the cars both to each other and to fans' own vehicles makes for entertaining, well-supported racing. The lesser impact of aerodynamics also means that following cars have a much easier time of passing than F1, and the more substantial bodies of the cars makes the occasional nudging for overtaking much more acceptable as part of racing.


As well as short "sprint" races, many touring car series include one or more endurance races, which last anything from 3 to 24 hours and are a test of reliability and pit crews as much as car, driver speed and consistency.

Malaysia held it owns Merdeka Endurance Race which falls for 12 hours consistency runs. Hence, it was an extreme moment for me. I was at the paddock during their qualifying run followed by the race on the very next day.


To me, it was not for entertaining. It is so much for self-satisfaction. Been asking myself do I have the guts to do it, if I am the driver? Honestly, I don’t know!





I was enjoying myself so much. Most importantly, I see things that I never see before -  TEAM WORK.

Wrapped up the result by winning the first and second place from ClearWater Racing team with their Ferrari 458 GT3 followed by Absolute Racing finished at 3rd place with their Audi R8 LMS.


Comments

Popular Posts