VISCOSITY

As usual, I get tons of freebies as a blogger. Here comes something very interesting. Endless Lubricant! I personally purchased this item for used. Wondering how good can it be on my ride.

Got it for myself and for my silly bro!

Surprisingly, its the gift itself that makes my bro work so hand on his car again!







Doing it right
Instead of applying on my car. I had it tested on my bro’s car. Which we love to do it at home! He is a certified hands on man. But most people don’t get it what’s written on the label. Here’s the explanation on what is 10w 40 means on Lubricant’s world.

Most oils on the shelves today are "Multigrades", which simply means that the oil falls into 2 viscosity grades (i.e. 10w-40 etc)

Multigrades were first developed some 50 years ago to avoid the old routine of using a thinner oil in winter and a thicker oil in summer.

In a 10w-40 for example the 10w bit (W = winter, not weight or watt or anything else for that matter) simply means that the oil must have a certain maximum viscosity/flow at low temperature. The lower the "W" number the better the oil's cold temperature/cold start performance.

My Bro loves to hands on!
The 40 in a 10w-40 simply means that the oil must fall within certain viscosity limits at 100°C. This is a fixed limit and all oils that end in 40 must achieve these limits. Once again the lower the number, the thinner the oil: a 30 oil is thinner than a 40 oil at 100°C etc. Your handbook will specify whether a 30, 40 or 50 etc is required.


Thank You

Most likely, I will service my car after the Mean Machine Event. So, stay tune on the Endless Lube’s review!


  • For those readers out there, if you wanna save on your car service. Do not hesitate to contact Herman Yap - +6016 3787555 . He do provide home car service and choice of yours on any lubricants. 

Comments

Popular Posts