(ベストモータリング Besuto Mōtaringu

How was your childhood like? What was your childhood favourite show?

I idolized a Racer, I Felt in love with a Racer. I fantasized him.….. Let me tell you how I grow up falling in love with a Racer by watching him over and over again....



I grew up watching Best Motoring videos. Yeah, back then.. Was either DVR or CD. My dad never fail to get me those show, episode by episode.


What is Best Motoring?

Best Motoring (ベストモータリング Besuto Mōtaringu?) was Japan's preeminent automobile magazine, video series. Alongside Best Motoring were Hot Version and Video Special. With the first edition debuting in 1987 and the last in 2011, the videos were marked by non-traditional races and challenges such as Touge battles, in which one car tries to outrun another on a twisty mountain pass. The drivers were the premier racers of the various Japanese racing series, including JGTC (now Super GT), the D1 Grand Prix, and Formula Nippon. Some of the regular hosts/drivers included the "Drift King" Keiichi Tsuchiya, Manabu Orido, Juichi Wakisaka, Akihiko Nakaya, and Naoki Hattori.







Why am I so addicted to Best Motoring?

When I was 13, I understand the concept of “handsome dude “. So I was so crazy over this driver called Naoki Hattori. He was one of the tallest amongst other drivers. He look extremely cute. Of course, his driving skill aren’t bad compare to others.  


Apart from Naoki Hattori, there are lot of information’s that I can learn from this show. Tuning, weight-to-ratio, skills and others. Thank You to Naoki Hattori, it was because of you I learned so much about performance cars.

Who is Naoki Hattori?

Naoki Hattori is a motoring journalist and racing driver from Japan.
He raced in Indy Lights in the mid-90s, and in CART briefly in 1999 for Walker Racing with a best finish of 14th. In 1997, he tested a Formula One prototype, the F105, for Dome F1 at Suzuka and other Japanese race tracks, but Dome F1 never entered a Formula One Grand Prix.


Naoki, himself competed regularly at the Japanese Touring Car Championship, winning the 1996 title with a Mooncraft Honda Accord after collecting five wins and three second place finishes in 12 starts.


Thank You Best Motoring for making my childhood a memorable one with all the tuning and performance cars. I might grow up weird by watching your show. But, I turned out to be a rare breed female, where my   life/conversation/knowledge is all about Motorsport.



Thank You Naoki Hattori for being my imaginary Prince Charming!


Popular Posts