Honda S2000 - Gravity For Falling In Love.

I was browsing through the album to pick on the ride that I wish to blog about. But, for hours I been staring at this S2000. It gave me a feeling of falling in love all over again. A feeling from me that I wanted to care for you as much as I could. I might not know you well, I might not know you at all. But I want to care for you. I want to understand you. I want to stay close to you and take good care of you.



All these crazy feeling driving me up and down by looking at those pictures. 

Never ride on a S2000 before in my life. With the views of small windshield and ultra-low ride this is as close as to the road as one can get. How stiff is the suspensions? For my understanding, let’s just say every bump gets very close to the dentist chair as my teeth might knocked around on roads. But, I believe that ride stiffness is all worth it when considering how tightly the car handles. 

Honda S2000 might be a good sex partner

If I were to take this car flying down the Sepang Circuit. This means I will be having an orgasm with this car. The S2000 is an enthusiast's car for sure but it offers absolutely zero for the everyday drive. To me the best vehicles are the ones that can combine the two. I still rave about the Honda DC-2 because it had so much sports-car soul but was still a decent daily drive car.
I guess revving the S2000 is also an interesting exercise. Starting at 5000rpm the car will be screaming for more, literally, for a shift even though the redline is way up at 9000, I might be hitting on climax. If I were given a choice, I want you every night, can I?




A little history of this sexy hunk. The Honda S2000 is a roadster that was manufactured by the Honda Motor Company to mark their 50th anniversary. The Honda S2000 did not disappoint with its 9000 rpm redline (Giving it the highest production car redline), perfect 50-50 weight balance and "X-bone" frame. The car was originally launched in 1999 as a 2000 model and continues in the tradition of the lightweight roadster "S" cars such as the S600 and S800.
With over 40 years of Honda racing technology packed into this little ragtop roadster, the Honda S2000 is at home both on the track and on the road. It is a sports car that is desired by both weekend warriors and tuners alike.




What is VGS?
The new version of the S2000, Honda's two-seater convertible sports car. The type V will be equipped with a variable gear ratio steering (VGS) system, the first in automotive history, The VGS system, which debut in the S2000 type V, varies the steering gear ratio continuously according to vehicle speed and steering angle to provide a heightened "joy of manoeuvring." The adoption of this variable ratio system ensures ideal handling performance through a broad range of driving conditions. Agile and exhilarating performance is especially noticeable on winding roads, since the front end of the vehicle turns sharply in precise response to driver steering input. While cruising at high speeds on expressways, the VGS offers a smooth and progressive ratio setup without excessive sensitivity, providing the driver with the relaxed and reliable driving feel of conventional steering systems. Astonishingly, the lock-to- lock ratio* is almost halved to 1.4 turns for better maneuverability in the low speed ranges.



The AP1
Oh the sexy AP1. It featured a front mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout with power being delivered by a 1,997 cc (122 cu in) inline 4-cylinder DOHC-VTEC engine. The engine (codenamed F20C) produced outputs of 177–184 kW (237–247 hp), and 208–218 N•m (153–161 lbf•ft) depending on the target market. The engine was mated to a six-speed manual transmission and Torsen limited slip differential. The S2000 achieved what Honda claimed as "the world's top level, high performance 4-cylinder naturally aspirated engine".



My Kind of Sex Partner for AP2, Type S
Sharing the weight loss regime, a purpose built bodykit providing much higher downforce, finished with bespoke rims and interior. The Type S retains the rear tire size of 245/40R-17 for more agile handling. A specific Type S suspension setup with improved geometry was designed to enhance the handling, the setup is stiffer but more compromising setup to more suit it to everyday spirited driving and the Japanese 'touge' experience. The Type S retains its soft top folding mechanism.

While the s2000 is designed to be the ultimate track car, the Type S is designed for improved handling and retains some creature comforts. 





You learn to speak by revving, to race by passion, to battle by experience, to love by affection; in just the same way, I learn to love by loving you.




p/s : thanks to Matcanyon for Pictures Contribution.

Comments

Popular Posts