What is after Super Cars?

Super cars is deemed to be the pinnacle of owning a car. So what comes after?
One can assume that when one drives around long enough in the same car, one would get tired of it. The same can be said when driving a super car so the logical answer to the above question would be race cars.

Lamborghini enthusiasts will know of its Super Trofeo races held around the world. Its cars are all specially customized for the races. To go all out and also to withstand the speed. Though it is impossible to drive on Malaysian roads, it is possible to create something similar to that of race cars.

Torque-X performance has allowed me the honour to accompany them to Shanghai International Circuit to experience first-hand the power and excitement of these very cars.

Even before getting to my destination, I was pumped so full of excitement that it was nigh impossible to sleep during the flight there. The anticipation was just too much to bare. Touchdown in Shanghai was about 12.15am local time and the temperature was about 13 degrees Celsius.




After going through all the viable checks, a cab brought our entourage to our hotel in the heart of Shanghai, Westin Bund Centre Shanghai to rest before the big day. Waking up at 5.30am from the overflowing excitement, I was rewarded with a sunrise that just took my breath away.

After a hearty breakfast, our bus arrived at about 11.00am to take our whole entourage to Shanghai International Circuit. We arrived at the circuit at about 12.15pm and a packed lunch was served al-fresco and under the cool breeze and scenery while waiting for the slot. As I was waiting, the roars of the Huracan’s from the Super Trofeo Shanghai greeted me which raised even more excitement in me.

Finally the time came to take a seat in one of the race cars. There was definitely a line and had to wait for my turn patiently at the side. I was getting restless waiting for my turn to come. Finally I was next. Waiting for the car to return. Shining green in the sunlight as the car came into the pits and halted in front of me. The previous person getting out looking flushed, grinning from ear to ear. Was it really that exciting taking a quick round the track? Many similar questions raced through my head as I was strapped to the passenger seat. The driver was Italian driver, Edoardo Liberati, I was expecting a helmet to be pushed onto me, but it seems that there was no need for one. The door closed and I tried to get into the most comfortable position possible in a race car and of course to take a video.

As we started off from the pits, it wasn’t so bad. There was a short tyre burn before the tyres found its grip and off we went. Felt like a normal city car when you floored the pedal from a standstill, was a little disappointed until we left the pits.

The moment the car left the pits, Liberati upshifted and everything changed. It felt like I was glued to the seat, every time he up shifted, I jolted front from inertia and thrown back into the seat. NOW this is exhilarating. Holding the camera to take a video became a challenge, especially trying to keep the camera in focus and at the same time take in all the sensations of actually being in a race car roaring through the track. Corner upon corner, my head was swinging left and right, if it wasn’t for being strapped down tightly, I would be rolling around in the car.


                                      https://youtu.be/L4TLbGrjfF4

The end of the ride was near and Liberati slowed down. I was most definitely disappointed that I was almost in tears. I wanted the ride to go on longer, I did not want it to stop so soon. I think I was getting addicted to the feel and sound of the race. As we were taxiing back to the pits I asked Liberati, what was the fastest that he went during the ride. He looked at me and answered like it was slow, about 240 – 250km/h. To him it was like a stroll in the park, but to me and I’m pretty sure many of us out there, that speed is a speed that one rarely touches. Let alone going round corners.

Now as I got out of the car, I felt my face was flushed as well and most definitely grinning from ear to ear. I now understood how the previous guys felt when getting out of the car. All good things must come to an end, and this was the end of the taxi ride. Though it was only for half a track the experience will stay with me forever.



As we left the circuit at around 4.00pm, thoughts of wanting to get a race car ran through my head. There were many feelings that were hard to put in words. Even when writing this, the feelings of the ride lingered, my heart wanted to race and go faster, but my brain is more the more rationale when it comes to reasoning that racing should always be done safely on the tracks.
We left the circuit very happy and went on for dinner as the end of the day came. I for one enjoyed myself most in that car. Though the weather was superb, my body was tired from the lack of sleep and because the event was over, the excitement died down which made me realize the need for sleep. After the dinner, a short walk to return to the hotel, had a quick shower and sleep just came in a matter of seconds.




This is a valuable experience for me, being in a race car, with adrenalin pumped up. I would like to thank Torque-X performance for giving me this experience.

Established in 2007, Perfect Temptations Autoparts is an authorized dealer for Kahn Design which is known as the best design and quality body kits for Land Rovers from the United Kingdom. Since then, Perfect Temptations Autoparts have changed their name to Torque-X Performance and have brought in more exclusive brands into our local market. Torque-X is now also the authorized dealer for the premium line of STP soundproofing.

Torque-X also specializes in the high quality service for car soundproofing, interior and exterior car mods and car paint jobs.

Torque-X has embarked into event organizing, specializing on automobile exhibition and events as well as automobile lifestyle setter. As an event organizer, Torque-X has striven to bring customers to experience extreme driving, group leisure driving, and products marketing events. To find out more you can check them out at http://www.torque-x.com or their Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/torqueXtreme/?fref=ts.

In Torque-X, we strive to provide customer with excellent quality products and services.

Comments

Popular Posts