Uphill with Shell V-Power Racing

It’s been awhile since the V-Power racing was launched in Malaysia in Nov 2006, the questions have been quite the same: “Is it right for my vehicle?” “Does it really work?” “Can it be mixed with other RONs and brands?” …blablablabla…. Recently, I tested with my 1.3 Perodua Myvi for city for uphill run.

So, is the fuel “right” for your car? Shell V-Power Racing contains powerful cleaning technology, developed to help enhance everyday driving performance and responsiveness. These cleaning components are designed to prevent the build-up of power-robbing inlet valve deposits and to help remove those which may have been left behind by other fuels.


Formulated for enhancing power delivery, the Shell V-Power Racing is a high-octane fuel (minimum RON97) designed to help maximise the performance of many modern engines. It can be used in any old or new car designed to run on unleaded petrol. Its formulations are designed to help cars operate at their best, using its powerful cleaning agents and Friction Modification Technology (FMT). The cleaning agents are formulated to control the build-up of deposits in new cars and to assist in removing deposits in older cars, which have accumulated them during their lifetime and are also prone to “knock” or “pinking”.

I Hear You Knocking

Also known as detonation and, in its lesser form as ping, knock is uncontrolled combustion occurring ahead of the sparkplug-initiated flame front. Trace ping is annoying rather than harmful; heavy knock, especially at high revs, can quickly destroy a piston. Neither is indicative of MBT, Minimum advance for Best Torque, the optimal ignition setting for a particular combination of engine speed, load and fuel.
Earlier on, I hear knocking sound the moment I rev up to 3000rpm. Now, I can absolutely say bye- bye to the knocking sound. The wonders of this FUEL. Awhsome!!!!
These days, our engines' electronic control units select optimal timing. (And I shudder to think what many modern drivers would do with a manual spark advance lever.) What's more, modern engines have knock sensors listening for incipient ping. If detected, they control back ever so slightly on ignition timing to eliminate it even before it's audible to the likes of us.

Octane is Knock Resistance

And if you're using the right fuel, that knock sensor rarely has anything to detect. Pure and simple, a petrol's octane rating is a measure of its resistance to knock as compared to a particular pair of hydrocarbons. Isooctane, an especially knock-resistant variety, is 100 on the octane scale; at the other extreme, n-Heptane is 0. 

The Uphill!

Everybody knows the trick of an automatic transmission car. They AUTO shift GEAR! At times, they shift at the wrong timing because of the low cc issue. However, the fuel itself gave my car a signification power increase while going uphill.  Magically, it gave the car sufficient power to do anything. 

Meanwhile, when the fuel gave the car tremendous power increase, it also effect the fuel consumption. Surprisingly, it lasted me 1 week of full tank. Yes, I traveled up and down the city on daily basis and it does gave me the fulfillment power on lane shifting as well.

How can I not love this FUEL from Shell? It also gave me the full satisfaction the moment I got into my car. Maybe the fact that, I do know it has the powerful cleaning technology and magnification power increased on my car. Of course, I encouraged everyone to try it. Doesn’t matter, on track or even on the road.

Uphill, downhill, city drive…it gave the full satisfaction and it does put a smile on my face.

Comments

Popular Posts