Danger is Real,Fear is a Choice in Motorsports



This a very dangerous sport. It always has been, how many people we know that are no longer with us? The drivers, the riders, I fully aware of that. Every time they hop into that race car or a bike, I don't know if they are going to come out of it .If they are going to come out of it in one piece. I knew it, the moment I decided to manage 2 racers at one go. The come back to Motorsports is way painful.

That's what I have to live with and that's what makes me different than other people. Not everybody can do this. It is tough, it's never easy to see a friend of yours get hurt or lose a friend of yours. But this is the sport I chose. Fate brought 3 of us together.

Not to be rude to anybody in the track but if you don't feel comfortable with that, then I think they should not be in the race car or bike.

In regards to the fact that most of these wrecks are ending up with cars upside down. When people crash, anything can happen. And those were four completely different accidents. I trust the engineers, the guys who build the aero kits. I'm not concerned. I'm ready to put my driver on a good engagement show for the fans that are coming here to watch him race. Accidents happen and we hate them, but its part of our job.

I would be talking about something that I don't fully understand so my opinion is irrelevant. What I do understand is that when they crash, they have a risk to flip. Especially bike, there is no such thing as roll cage.

Am I willing to take that emotional risk? ... 100%? We come as a team, we go home as a team. You both are now mine.

It's like when you're little and you fall off your bicycle and your dad puts you right back on and says go ride it.

When the day finally come, I think it’s unsafe I will feel the fear, I can be anywhere in the world’s circuits, without anyone but my racer and my team and I will feel scare,  that is the day you see me on the other side of the camera. I am their publicist, they are my racers, and I want to see them race, that is the emotional fear that I need to bear and hold. 

This is how three of us are wired. This is who we are.

Comments

Popular Posts