Motorsports Stays True - Malaysia Championship Series Round 2


To some, motor racing is considered a rich man’s hobby, but there are many whose passion far exceeds any wealth they may dream of. My come back to the industry with a heavy heart after 2 years of ground battles. How it is like all over again by conducting racer's interviews, running up and down the media centre, churning write-up, battling the heat at Sepang International Circuit? 

Apart from bringing me another spike of excitement. Holla Racers,with everyone who fought hard to get their hands on the trophy. Here’s a little sneak peak of some of the drivers who participated in The Malaysia Championship Series Round 2.


Geraldine Read, began her love affair with racing when she participated in the Red Bull Rookie Search back in 2014, and her passion continued to grow from there. “A friend of mine suggested that I try out for the Red Bull Rookie Search because I’ve always been interested in cars. It also helped that Red Bull was giving female drivers the opportunity to race.”

This turned out to be a blessing in disguise for Geraldine, as she had the opportunity to learn other elements of driving besides racing that would benefit her as well.


Absolutely Gorgeous 

Geraldine said, “I’m really excited for Round 2 because there have been many changes from Round 1. I was plagued with mechanical issues and wasn’t able to finish my race in May but I’m feeling optimistic about this upcoming race.” She also added, “My aim is to finish the race safely and gain more experience especially with the newly appointed race tyres. It will be another learning curve for me and I hope to do the best that I can.”









Boy Wong 

The familiar name in the scene of Malaysia Motorsports
has been racing for about 20 years now, after he started at the age of 18 when his father gave him the opportunity to race in his car back at the Batu Tiga track. 

Why such SERIOUS face?
“I believe that health and fitness is important as a racer and I’ve been mountain biking for 6 to 7 years,” he said.


In this weekend’s race, he is aiming for a podium finish, at least in the Top 3 in Round 2. Being an experienced racer, Boy has won many championships and is one of the veteran racers participating in the Malaysia Championship Series. Don’t miss the chance to catch him in action on the track this weekend in Sepang! 






Claire Jedrek 

Someone whom I adore so much has been a motorsports fans since 2007 and has been commenting and emceeing in racing events. She was given an opportunity to participate in the Malaysia Super Series and started looking for sponsors and partners in 2013. Having debuted in 2014, this will be her third year racing in the Malaysia Championship Series. 

She remarked that she likes the new track as it is more even now, although Turn 15 is a little different. “Overall, I like racing on the newly resurfaced track. I have new teammates this time and there’s some tough competition this year. I’m targeting a Top 5 finish for this weekend’s race,” she said.
Holla Hottie!!!!! 
“Racing and sports have always been a part of my life and I’m excited to be here racing in Sepang. Fitness is also important for racers. I do take care of my fitness and I do a lot of sports like tennis, running and recently I’ve also picked up golf. Golf does help me as a racer especially for my hand coordination,” said Claire. Besides racing, Claire is well-known for emceeing and presenting on television, and is also a motoring journalist.


It is no longer a rich man's hobby. It is a game for true motorsport's enthusiastic to keep their adrenaline running. They commit to battle their dream and life in a place called Motorsport.



Comments

Popular Posts