No PDF Press Release, PLEASE!


Recently, I have been receiving tonnes of press release written by Fucktards. Press releases are a presentation of facts that are sent to media in the hope that they will get published and turned into stories. Correct me if I am wrong.

How you write a press release is determined by the 'who, what, when, where, why and how?', i.e. what's the story about? When's it happening? Who's involved? Where's it taking place? How is it happening? Why is it happening? So when you've painstakingly put together your own press release only to find that nothing gets published, how do you find out where you're going wrong? Hello?

MY MOST HATED! You used a PDF……….PDFs are an absolute pain for any members of the media. They are difficult to extract information from and are so annoying that I simply delete any press releases I receive in this format. Seems harsh but they take up so much of my time that I have grown to despise them. I cannot emphasise this enough..PLEASE do not use PDFs. 

if you have issue churning a good piece of a press release. Please give me a call, I will reckon a good Editorial Strategist for you. Your press release requires an entire re-write? Biggest Joke of the day. I received some press releases are so poorly written that it's difficult to understand what they are actually about.

Don’t becoming a pain in the arse for everyone..If someone is constantly nagging a writer with questions like 'when is my story going to get published?', then they'll be more inclined to move your press release straight to the trash can. Let's face it! None of us likes to be hassled. It only leaves a bad taste in our mouths. To keep the writer sweet, don't chase too much and don't become a pain. Respect them and understand that you can't secure coverage for everything, as it's really up to them.

Comments

Popular Posts